If you get Office Error code 30088-8 together with “Something went wrong” message while installing Office 2013 or Office 365 on your computer, it isn't fun trying to fix the error. It can be frustrating to perform the steps to fix this issue with the error. To help determine the steps, scroll down this page for an error . If there’s a different error code, or, if the install error message is different, you will still have to perform the steps mentioned in this article.
Microsoft office 2013 / Microsoft Office 365
Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Windows 10
- Previous version of Office installed.
- Intermittent Internet disconnection.
- Office installation corrupt due to incorrect installation.
- Office application affected by a third party program or a security threat.
- Incomplete uninstallation of the previous version of the Office in the computer.
Error code 30088-8 can occur if your antivirus security, malware security or your firewall is interfering with the Office installation. Even, proxy settings on your computer can cause this error.First, temporarily turn off the antivirus to check if that helps to fix the error.
Turn off your antivirus security on the computer, install the Office 2013 or Office 365 Suite and turn back the antivirus on. If you need help on how to turn off your antivirus, visit the manufacturer’s support website for information. If you are not sure about the antivirus is on the computer, follow these steps:
1. Open Control Panel.
2. Click System and Security.
3. Under Action Center, click Review your computer’s status.
4. Click Security to find the name of the antivirus software.
After disabling the security software, temporarily turn off the firewall:
Turn off the firewall on your computer, install Office and turn the firewall back on.
If you’re using a firewall from another manufacturer, visit their website for information on how to temporarily disable the firewall.
Installation of an Office Program:-
Steps for installation:
1. Go to office.com/setup and enter the product key
2. If you have online account enter the username and password.
3. Click on Install
Click on all Done
Now, the Office Suite is installed and ready to use.
If the issue is still not fixed, it can be a very critical problem with your computer affecting your personal data and the Windows Operating System. You will have to chat with our Experts for support to get the problems fixed with very high priority.